[pyrnet] Re: Adoption of blind pyr

I would consider very carefully before I added a new male - even a neutered one - to a household with an intact male, especially as they are so close in age. At 1 years of age Wolfgang may be very relaxed with other males, but things could be very different in a year or two. Also it is more difficult for a male to accept an other male in his own home than away from home. And being a stud is certainly not going to help.

The fact that the puppy is blind may not mean that he is neccesarily submissive. If he has the breeeding to be dominant, he will be even though he is blind.

No one but you can make the decision, but I always tell people who wants two males that they must seriously consider what they will do if the dogs do not get on. Is it possible for you to have dogs that may always be kept apart ?  I don't want to be too pessimistic, but it is better to consider this now than to stand with a problem a couple of years from now, when you are fond of both dogs.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/