[pyrnet] Re: Gulliver II

Yesterday we had a knock at our door.  When I went to answer it there was
a young man standing there, about 13 I would guess.  He introduced
himself as the son of the man who dropped the dog off at our house.  I
was a bit wary, thinking, they wanted the dog back at this point.

But no, he just wanted to see the dog, and how he was doing.  He loved
the name, was very impressed that he had a bath.  Said he had tried it.
but Gulliver fought him too much.  I assured him it was a two adult job,
at the very least, and even then it amounted to a bucking bronco ride!
He was amazed to see a group of Gulliver types, standing in the doorway
looking out, and speechless to know they were all in the house, and
Gulliver now had an inside home now too.  This young fellow seemed
genuinely happy to know that Gulliver had a home where he was cared for.

He then proceeded to tell me that they had gone out four wheeling to this
sand pit over several weeks time.  Each time the dog was there, getting
thinner and thinner, and kept trying to follow them.  I had point blank
asked him if the dog could have just been doing a Pyr. wander, with
owners that didn't keep him confined.  He assured me that the dog was in
far worse shape than when we had seen him last week.  I have throughout
the week attempted to find an owner.  He felt that the dog really had
been dumped out in this huge sandpit type area.

Evidently he was furious with his Dad for having the dog for a week, and
then threatening to just go dump him back at the pit.  The boy said he
had told his Dad, if he did that, he would go live with the dog!  That
must have been the point when the Father decided to see if he could pass
him off on us, and appease his son's anger.  Amazing that they would feed
him for a week, and then dump him back, knowing his previous condition.

The boy left, happy, knowing that Gulliver had a name, a bath, good food,
and a home with others of his kind, and people who kept him in the house.
 Don't think that idea even occurred to him.  And in this weeks time, I
guess I am glad he is such a character, and easy to love, had his
neutering, and is fitting in ok.  Stability will be a good thing for this
poor fur kid.  I joked that could have also been named Shadow like our
other Easter surprise, because he doesn't let us out of his sight either.
 I am sure all of these poor dumped animals have a story to tell, if they
could!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas