Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Ill Pyr

I also missed the original message on the pyr with Addisons.
I have a beardie that I rescued three years ago that proved to have Addisons
a year ago last Easter.  He was in the emergency room five times in a month,
renal failure, low blood count, etc. I am just so grateful that my vet even
thought to test for Addisons as I have read that most dogs die before it is
diagnosed since it masquerades as so many different things also you have to
test specifically for it.
In July, Oliver started "crashing" as you spoke about.  I was lucky, he spent
a day at the vet and they put a liter of fluids in him.  Now, he is up to
eight Florinef a day with 5 mgs of Prednisone.  I really notice a difference
on the Pred - it makes him much more aggressive - up until Thursday I had
five males in my home - three of them pyrs - two went up north and a happily
homed in Vermont and NY and hopefully the stress level will come down a bit -
I understand that Addisons is very stress-level oriented.
I appreciate knowing about the website and hopefully will learn alot.  We had
another close call two weeks ago, but not nearly as bad as July.  I am just
real alert to Oliver and his "down" days - hopefully they are behind us since
we got our household down to a managable(?) five.
Regards,
Lisa, Belle & Ollie, Chance, Derbs, and Bobo