Re: [pyrnet] Re: Adoption of blind pyr

Jule:  I don't recall your mentioning what caused his blindness.  Just
in case it was juvinile cataracts, and even if it was something else,
let me tell you a story.  I bought a  baby raccoon from a "puppy" mill.
The witch that raised them was only out for money.  She had been feeding
these infants imitation milk, not even real milk.  I'll skip over his
other problems, which were horrid but all cured by proper nutrition and
special baths, but when I took him to the vet it was discovered he had
juvinile cataracts.  They were so bad the vet thought he only  a 5%
chance of ever seeing at all.  After the initial shock, I went to the
health food store and bought every product imaginable for eyesight.
Herbs, antioxidants, etc.  The antioxident combination that was just for
eyes was vile tasting for that poor little baby.  But guess what.  Week
after week it seemed he was able to follow movements.  To make a long
story short, he finally got 100% eyesight.  It wasn't a miracle.  It was
one or all of the products I made him take.
Perhaps you could try one or two of the best eyesight products on your
guy.  It couldn't hurt and you have everything to gain.  If you want, I
can try and find the old bottle of the product I thought did the most
good.  Whether you want to try eyesight products or not, you have my
deepest admiration for taking such a big challenge.  I came totally
unglued when the vet told me the baby coon would never have sight.  You
have my best wishes for all of you.