[pyrnet] CHAT: Green Tripe

I remember that there has been several times when green tripe was
mentioned on the list. Well, I took the plunge, sort of... My dog
food company sells canned green tripe. I have a new customer that
feeds this to her dogs, so... I decided to split a case of cans
with her and give it a try. First, let me say, the dogs LOVED it.
Now, let me say, it is the most foul smelling stuff to ever grace
a dog food can! It smelled vaguely familiar though, but I
couldn't quite figure out where I may have smelled it before. (I
was far too busy gagging) I fed the dogs, they ate with gusto,
then it hit me. I know where I smelled that smell before! B.B.
who was one of my Pyr bitches, was a chronic stool eater. We had
to be extremely vigilant about picking up the dog yard. She would
find any stool we had missed. On a few occasions she ate too much
and it made her sick to her stomach. This was always several
hours to a day later that she would get sick. That's what this
canned stuff smells like! And, given the fact that green tripe is
the intestine with all the nasty contents left inside, it's no
wonder! But, as the dogs just LOVE it, green tripe it is! Think
I'll go out and buy one of those gas masks the EPA use for fixing
their dinner, though! Am I close on the description here, Ian?
BTW, I am a smoker and my nose if definitely Not sensitive to
odors. I don't even much mind the smell of skunk as long as it is
at least at few yards away, but this stuff is awful!

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com