Re: [pyrnet] Dwarfism

Joe,

> ...I wonder if the samples have all been drawn
> and submitted for the analysis yet?

Before you can analyze anything, a test has to be developed!  Right
now, the prediction is that we are dealing with a simple recessive and
a possible modifier locus altering the penetrance of the actual gene.
This, however, is based only on looking at the structure of affected
animals and the prevalence within affected litters.

There is no test for dwarfism and the closest we are to locating a gene
is to hope that the Malamute Club's mapping of a dwarfism gene is going
to pan out to be the same in our breed - this is no guarantee.

Just thought I's plop that FYI (haven't checked to see if someone
already posted this info, so I apologize if I'm just duplicating
stuff).

Later, Patric.

=====
"Sage Advice Improves with Thyme"