Re: [pyrnet] Consider breeding carriers (a proposal)

In a message dated 9/21/00 3:58:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<< I suppose that "proof" would rest on breeding two dwarfs and seeing if we
 get an all dwarf litter and then that result would have to be repeatable.
 Statistics being what they are. >>

This sounds dumb, but I am not so sure.  One of the things that has bugged me
about this problem is the diversity of mutations that occur as far a degrees
of involvement and the whether there is deformity or degrees of deformity.
Also the more common problems that appear to "sometimes" accompany the
disorder.  Also some of the less obvious dwarfs are just said to not be
dwarfs even though it is probable that they are.

Could a simple recessive problem 'sometimes' be accompanied by a poly genetic
problem that would account for such observations?

Joe