Re: [pyrnet] Tearing the house apart

On 26 Sep 00, at 23:17, Bonnie Trones wrote:

> so in
> the crate she goes till morning and once in the house she goes right to it
> but the getting her in the house is killing me!!! Have a good night!

All of mine come in at dark, house rules, plus the skunks come out
after dark. Spring and fall are the worst times for skunks. Once you
get into a routine and Sophie knows it's time to come in, hopefully
she will.  I yell cookie and they all come running, but most nights
they are waiting at the back door.  I think routine is the key word
and knowing that after they come in and go to crate they get their
cookie. Everyone runs to their crate and is standing inside waiting
for the cookie and for me to close the door.  Well all except for
last night when I heard the most terrible howling, wailing and
barking going on right about bed time.  I ran out thinking, oh no a
skunk and found all five lunging and barking at the 6' wooden fence.
I could hear the dog next door doing the same.  Perched on top of the
fence was a mean looking yellow tom cat and he was furious.  The two
boys were jumping high enough that they could almost reach the cat.
I grabbed one pyr at a time, starting with the boys and brought them
in, when I got the last dog the cat was still perched on the fence,
the boys had scratched noses and everyone was quite excited over it
all.  Now that ole tom is probably on his 10th life by now and I bet
he never comes around here again.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico