Re: [pyrnet] teaching "down""

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 04:30:31PM -0700, Katie Allison Granju wrote:
> I am still having a lot of trouble getting Leo to
> learn "down" reliably. Although he's not too snappy in
> his response (typical Pyr :-), he is great on "sit".
> But nothing seems to make him want to do a "down"
> command. He is not very food motivated either.

A pyr not motivated by food?!?!  Have you taken him to a vet?

8^)

Hairy will down, if he thinks he's getting a treat.  He will sit
most of the time.  But *especially* when he's next to the
kitchen table (and therefore thinking he's going to get a treat)

Richard (in Japan)

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Software Samurai / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/    <rrognlie@gamerz.net>