Re: [pyrnet] Dwarfism

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> What year did we first realize there were dwarfs in the breed?
>
> Joe

Joe,
    We saw 2 dwarfs from two different litters/breeders in 1969.  Please do not
think I do not take this problem very seriously.  I do not think that dwarf Pyrs
are a bit cute!  We owned a dog some years ago who was a possible carrier and
made the decision not to breed her.  However, in the process of trying to learn
more about  dwarfism and make informed decisions I  took a lot of criticism and
heat from people unwilling to deal with the problem.  It was a  very hot issue
at  that time and I'm afraid it still is....although there do seem to be many
more people who are willing to work together for a solution.   I would love to
see a list of  known carriers.
Charlotte.