RE: [pyrnet] Re(2): [abuse detection

I used to agree more or less with this idea.  I never had to test it, so it
sounded good.  Ulysses has never really been fond of men, (excluding
immediate family) so I've always been careful when we have couples over for
dinner.  Recently, without really thinking about it, we let our 15 year old
son invite some friends (3 brothers) over after church one Sunday afternoon.
I know these kids, and they are really good kids.  Ulysses REALLY doesn't
like the oldest one of the three (he's 16 now).  Ulysses took one look at
Evan, and started barking & growling.  We quickly grabbed him.  We tried to
make introductions, but he still wasn't sure.  We put him outside.  After
thinking about it, at 16, Evan is taller than the average man.  Ulysses was
a rescue, and we don't know for sure, but we've just always assumed that he
was abused by a man.  I don't know about Shelley, but in Ulysses' case, this
is not a good litmus test.

Carol Lugg