Re: [pyrnet] Re: Guest not liking our four legged children

In a message dated 9/28/00 5:49:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, clhenke@juno.com
writes:

<< Actually Sonya, there are lots of people that have been seriously
 attacked by dogs, and still love them. >>
I can second this notion.  Back in 1999 we had the opportunity to visit with
long time friends.  Like us, they had gotten older, and unlike us, had two
children.  Their daughter was about 8 years old.  When we arrived with our
two Pyrs the little girl wasn't too sure about these big dogs.  She came
quietly up to me and said she'd like to pet them, but if she did, would they
make her have stitches again.  I told her no, not fully understanding what
she meant.  Then I learned that she had been bitten in the face by a
neighbor's dog just about a month before.  She needed stitches, but
fortunately the injury had healed cleanly.  It didn't take too long before
she was loving on both Baron and Zoe.  We all went for a walk, and she
proudly walked Zoe on her lead.  By the end of our visit, our friends'
daughter had full confidence in these two big white dogs.

Robyn
dancingpy@aol.com
Taylors, SC