Re: [pyrnet] GPCA

In a message dated 9/29/00 2:08:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pyreau@erols.com
writes:

<< When we first joined the GPCA in 1970 the membership was very limited (you
 just about had to be a good friend of those few members from New England)!
Even
 then you needed two sponsors.  Later there was a limit put on how many people
 each member could sponsor (4 per year).  The limitation on sponsoring only
people
 you have known for at least a year has been more recent. >>

I know and that was very wrong was it not?  The opening up of the membership
is what really made the GPCA thrive.  That's why it is surprising that it
would go back to some more exclusionary policies when there are still those
like you and Jack who saw how bad it was when it was controlled by a few.

Joe