Re: [pyrnet] GPCA

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

That's why it is surprising that it
would go back to some more exclusionary policies when there are still those
like you and Jack who saw how bad it was when it was controlled by a few.

Well, there really is a quantitative difference between a club with plus or
minus 50 members that held its meetings in a living room in CT and its
national specialty in Trenton NJ (where it was quite commonly smaller than
the GPC of California specialty) and what we have today with 800 members,
open annual meetings and rotating national specialties.  The really huge
growth of the club came in the early to mid 70s.  Since then it has been
reasonably slow and steady.  I personally see no decrease in the numbers of
applicants or new members since the increase in requirements.  Besides the
1 year knowing issue we also have that the sponsors may not reside in the
same household.

Although I recognize that this is probably a non sequitur argument, it
might be useful to know that the GPCA's requirements are a long way from
being the most stringent among national breed clubs.

Linda Weisser