Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re(2): [abuse detection

Just a gentle (but emphatic) reminder:
please, please do not take any chances with your guys when it comes to these
"situations" when perhaps their skeletins may come out!   Being involved in a
dog bite incident a few years ago, I was the owner of an OE Sheepdog, it is
probably one of the worst circumstances to deal with as a pet owner -
especially of these large guys that don't do anything in a small way.  Banks
passed away ten months later, probably of Ataxia, which probably was the
underlying reason.  I had found him was he was five weeks, waited till he was
eight weeks to have him brought to Florida and he was the most loving,
trustworthy dog that could be.
Now, owning a Pyr, with a questionable past and probable abuse - I take no
chances (you never know whether there could be a medical condition that has
not been detected) or some skeletin.  I was at a vet's office yesterday where
there was a Great Dane being quarantined - he put a woman in the hospital - I
don't know the exact circumstances just wondered how could it be avoided...
Thanks much,
Lisa
W Palm Beach