Re: [pyrnet] GPCA --ILP

Karen wrote:
Also on page 21, under Board Minutes/Hall of Fame:
".....moved that eligibility for the Hall of Fame be based on
AKC-registered GReat Pyrenees with typical structure and
conformation."  Wouldn't that
exclude ILP registered dogs?

If it is worded this way, it could certainly be challenged.
Technically speaking, ILP dogs are AKC registered are they not?
Also, what structure and conformation is considered typical? If
you take all the puppy mill Pyrs out there and all the well bred
Pyrs out there, I'd say that the numbers of puppy mill dogs and
their structure and conformation would be "much more typical" of
the breed, just on sheer numbers alone. So, by doing this, they
could certainly be knocking all of the well bred, "properly"
structured dogs out of the Hall of Fame Awards. At least the way
it is worded now. JMO.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com