Re: [pyrnet] GPCA --ILP

The GPCA Board member I live with does not think that the intent was to exclude ILP dogs from Hall of Fame or any other awards.  Seems to be a lot of misunderstandings running around.  Hopefully the GPCA Board will straighten some of this out during their October Board meeting.
Charlotte

Jane Gill wrote:

Barb Bowes wrote:

Karen wrote:
Also on page 21, under Board Minutes/Hall of Fame:
".....moved that eligibility for the Hall of Fame be based on
AKC-registered GReat Pyrenees with typical structure and
conformation."  Wouldn't that
exclude ILP registered dogs?

If it is worded this way, it could certainly be challenged.
Technically speaking, ILP dogs are AKC registered are they not?

Good question, Barb I asked Whit Coombs that, have spoken to some other board members about that,  and also did some independent research on the AKC web site (seeking to get the straight scoop from the absolute horse's mouth.)  I would have thought that an ILP registration was, broadly speaking, an AKC registration.  After all, when you look at the registration certificate, it certainly says "AKC" on it, it says "Registration" on it, and dad gum it it says "Great Pyrenees" on it.  But technically speaking, an ILP registration is not considered an AKC registration.  And the intent of the board at the time apparently was that this wording specifically would be excluding ILP dogs from entrance into the Hall of Fame even though they achieved an advanced obedience title.  It is my understanding that the question does not seek to exclude ILP dogs from other GPCA awards or honors.

I would like to wait and see the exact wording of what we are voting on, whether it is one vote or two, and etc.  I do not wish to add heat to this issue, merely whatever little pieces of light that I can.  But make no mistake about it:  if the wording of what we are voting on says "eligibility for the Hall of Fame be based on AKC-registered Great Pyrenees" that IS excluding, and was apparently the intention to exclude, ILP dogs.

I am keeping my mouth shut about my personal opinion.  But I am proud to sign myself

Jane Gill
Proud owner of Conrad Gill, CD, ILP, CGC, VD (Versatility Diplomat), TDI
and
Ms. PB (PushyBitch) Marple, CD, ILP may she RIP
and
Eloise (Whitehope Hit the Heights) no further initials yet but a VBG
not to mention proud Auntie of:
Oliver Twist of Fate CD, ILP, top-scoring Afghan Hound in obedience for 1999.