[pyrnet] Pyr Hips

Hello everone....

Forgive me for being a novice here.  Excuse me also for not being Pyr
professional in any context or connotation.  But my buddy has a problem
and I need advice.

My buddy Beauregard is 11 yrs old.  I’m fairly certain he has dysplasia
problems.  Last week,
Wednesday, he stumbled, yelped and stopped using his left rear leg.
He’s been stumbling around
for some time and I’ve had some experience with dysplasia in German
Shepards.  I also inspected
him carefully to make certain he had no cuts, thorns or etcetera.

I put him under “house arrest”, gave him an aspirin and called his
Veterinarian.  The vet wanted
to x-ray his hips.  Due to his age, I don’t particularly want to subject
him to anesthesia.  Also, I
don’t think it would be in his best interests to subject him to major,
radical hip surgery.  Additionally, there’s the problem of surgical
costs. [Just so everyone understands, I’m no less analytical about my
own prospects, under similar conditions.]

By Thursday, Beau was walking, albeit tentatively and cautiously, on his
hurt leg.  Obviously, he’s
an old dog and I expect him to be less than robust.  I simply wish I
could be sure I’m doing the
right thing for him.  His hurt left rear sure hasn’t kept him from
chasing the UPS truck back and
forth on the front fence.  As each day passes he seemingly gets
stronger, but.......  I doubt that will
last.

I appreciate any input or advice in any form.  Thanks in advance.

Matt B
S.E. Texas