Re: [pyrnet] Camping

Linda, Peggy,

Pyrs really ARE self cleaning!  I brought the slicker brush with us and when
it was time to leave, I walked the dogs back to the gravel road and Bill
drove the car out.  I wanted to brush them before I put them back in the
car.  (Don't ask me how we got camping gear and two pyrs in a Ford Escort.)
All the leaves, burrs, etc., brushed right out.  When I lifted up Daisy's
tail, she literally had a BRANCH caught up in her pantaloons!  Thank
goodness for Frontline too.

Also, during the drive I kept my window mostly down and the back window was
cracked ... trying to keep the dogs cool since they were in close quarters.
You should have seen the pyr hair fly!  There was pyr hair every where and
Bill and I kept plucking strands of it off our glasses, out of our eyes,
etc.  The best part was trying to eat a cheese sandwich while dodging flying
pyr hair.  It was like a video game ... the object being keeping pyr hair
from landing on your sandwich.  Every so often, big tufts of it would whirl
past us and fly out the window ... I feel sorry for the people behind us on
motorcycles.

People ask me all the time if my pyrs are newfs.  I just don't get it.  I've
also been asked if they're goldens, white goldens (?), and samoyeds.  At
least one person has asked if Badger is a husky.  The closest wrong guess
I've had is a kuvaz.  That one really impressed me as I'd only just
discovered the kuvaz myself.

Kim