Re: Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Hips

I keep Rimadyl in my First Aid kit for just such occasions! (under my vet's
guidance, of course)  Cosequin, Adequin, and GlycoFlex are completely
differently used, they provide the natural lubricant that is needed for the
joints and often take a while to build up in the system to be effective.  I
had Adequin injections for my sheepdog 8 years ago and then, at 120 lbs. they
ran about $160 each and you had to have a series of them...Cosequin and
Glycoflex - I prefer Cosequin and give it to my 4 year old beardie that had
severe displaysia when I rescued him at 8 mos of age - unfortunately, he
cannot take Rimadyl anymore, due to his Addison's Disease.  Rimadyl is one of
the safest NSAIDs available - very low occurance of side effects, it just so
happened that due to his Addisons, it caused a bleeding ulcer - but that is
unusual - One of the boyz I was fostering this summer woke one morning was
very wobbly and stiff, he went to the vet, who could feel that there was
structurally nothing wrong and prescribed Rimadyl.  After two days, he was
fine.
I would give the Rimadyl a shot if I were you.  If you find that it works,
you may have to keep Beauregard on it for a long time.  (God willing)  When I
was buying it by the pill, it ran about $1.80 per pill (times twice a day) -
when I inquired about buying a bottle of 100 pills I got it down to about
0.80 cents - significant difference!
Best of luck to you and your buddy!
Regards,
Lisa,  Bobo, Belle, Chance, Derby, and Oliver
W Palm Beach FL