Re: [pyrnet] Rescue Dogs

More rescue dog questions...(Bobo rescued 03/01/00)
Everyday, sometimes in the a.m. or p.m. he goes thru this thing of playing
with his tail.  He does not chase it, but tries to jump on it, it is so funny
to watch and he seems to enjoy it - he never chews on his tail (I have also
checked his entire rear to make sure there are no trees, etc. in there and
all's clear)  - does anyone else's do this.
Also, every night he moves his and the other guys beds from room to room -
kind of in a playful way - not possessing all of them just "digging" them up
and transplanting them elsewhere...what's up with that?
We had a major breakthrough on Monday when he allowed me to bathe him!  That
took a lot of coaxing on my part and trust on his - he had been left chained
to a pumphouse for two and one-half weeks so I understood his fear of the
water - he has even seen me bathe the others weeks ago, but would not have
anything to do with it.
When I got him he weighted 94 pounds (I figure he's about two) - today he
weighed in at 117 - I think that's about perfect for him - I don't like to
have them too heavy but think that it is important for them to have a little
bit of a cushion if they get sick or hurt (God forbid) - I will have to
measure his height - please advise on how to do this...
Thanks for your advice, everyone!  I look forward to learning and
understanding as much as I can about this fantastic guy of mine!
Regards,
Lisa, Bobo, et. al.
W Palm Beach