[pyrnet] Re: Knitting with pyr hair

Hi Sandy

I used to knit from dog hair (pyrs and rough collies), but have more or less lost interest in it.  I did knit a pair of gloves and a sweater with pyr hair. The gloves I used a lot, but they really looked rather strange as the hair was from two different pyrs and one glove was longhaired and the other was 1/3 longhaired the rest shorthaired. They were very soft and warm.
The sweater I don't use much. It is huge and very warm, but it "sheds", so that there are even more pyr hair on me and everywhere I sit than there use to be.
I always knit with two threads, one wool and one dog hair, because i find dog hair alone is not strong enough.
I have a half finished sweater lying in a cupboard. It has been there for years, I wonder if I will ever finish it.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/