Re: [pyrnet] GPCA -- and dwarfs

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

My point is that Dr. Padgett classifies Chondrodysplasia or
Chondrodystrophy
as a

" Disorders that disfigure, maim or otherwise render an animal
nonfunctional (i.e. cataracts, retinal dysplasia and
     detachment, chondrodystrophy). "

The presence of animals who escape this "disfigure or maim" effects that
"render an animal nonfunctional", does not change the fact that it occurs
and
is part and parcel of this genetic problem.>>

Without arguing your point here, it is interesting that it was Dr. Padgett
himself who constructed the scenario (based on his hierarchy of
disagreeableness) to me in which one would use a stud dog who was a *known*
dwarf carrier.  I suppose that nothing is writ in stone.

Linda