Re: [pyrnet] GPCA -- and dwarfs

In a message dated 10/11/00 9:04:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<< Without arguing your point here, it is interesting that it was Dr. Padgett
 himself who constructed the scenario (based on his hierarchy of
 disagreeableness) to me in which one would use a stud dog who was a *known*
 dwarf carrier.  I suppose that nothing is writ in stone. >>

From what I read about Dr. Pagdett, he is a believer in identifying the
carriers and using a known carrier in breeding would be one method of
identifying other carriers.
I certainly will not speak for him as he does this so elegantly himself and I
would recommend anyone who wants accurate information to reference his
writing as a source.  Some are on the Internet free and he has a book as
well.

My only concern earlier was that I felt we might be leaving the impression
that there "were not Dwarfs produced that disfigure, maim or otherwise render
an animal
nonfunctional (i.e., cataracts, retinal dysplasia and  detachment,
chondrodystrophy)."

Joe