Re: [pyrnet] halti and choke collars

Hi Katie give him time he will come around,When my pyr was a pup at 4 months
old i had just about taught him the basics.Then I got the brain storm I
would take him to OB class to teach him to come when I called (Yhea right
about the only thing that comes when called is me)But they had me put a
pinch collar on him the trainer that was in charge of the class forgot he
was just has young as the rest of the pups just twice as big plus she never
had any experience with prys,because he refused to do the down position she
became angry and they had one h--l of a wrestling match she pulled so hard
he cried out in pain before i could pull her off of him she was on the
bottom and he had her pinned.I guess from that day on I have hated prong
collars.There was an older women their that told the trainer after class you
cannot train a pyr like other dogs they are free thinkers.She told her if a
pyr respects and loves you he or she will do anything for that person.She is
very right just give it time and patients.I guess to love these beasts the
way we do were all blessed with a sense of humor.Oh by the way (I) did
Graduate from puppy class we did not become repeat offenders.Have a Good day