Re: [pyrnet] Advantage flea control?

Katie,
The label on Advantage says it resists wetting.  Barb is right about the
first few days, because Advantage works by affecting the adult flea's
nervous system, eliminating fleas within 48 hours of use.  So if you don't
leave it on for 48 hours, it may not be effective against current fleas.  It
is effective for four to six weeks and should be used on dogs over seven
weeks old. (Others say 12 weeks.)

I have read that if you shampoo you should reapply the Advantage or use a
special shampoo, such as Gentle Clens.  I have also read that if you shampoo
frequently, it lasts only three weeks.

I think that my dogs have tolerated these products ok, but I suspect the
Advantage for cats was a contributor to kidney trouble in one of my cats.

Sandy