Re: [pyrnet] Poor Leo :-(

In a message dated 10/17/2000 6:31:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kgranju@yahoo.com writes:

<< Leo had some mats in his tail and on his leg feathers
 that I thought I would just trim out with scissors. >>

Katie,
    There are de-matting tools that do a good job. I have one that has a
razor blade in a protective enclosure. I just run it along through Picos fur
and the mats disappear. He doesn't even seem to mind it and it makes grooming
time so much easier.
    With practice, it gets easier to trim. The first time I trimmed the fur
on Garths feet, they looked kind of punk. I got better though.

Elaine and Pico