Re: [pyrnet] microchipping?

I have all of my guys "chipped" - even though they all wear collars with
their address and phone number - this was done at the vet and I think it was
around $35.  The company is AVID and it is highly recognized in my area
(southern Florida) by all the vet offices as well as ACC and rescue
organizations.  Recently, when I had two Pyr boyz that were placed up north,
I did not have them chipped since I did not know if they have the same system
where they were going to be living.  The chip itself is not "active" but
gives a reading when it is scanned by a special device that recognizes the
appointed number given for each particular dog (they do chip cats, birds,
etc.).
You just want to make sure that whatever identification you use, that it is
widely used and the scanners are available at many vets and rescue
organizations where you live.
Best of luck.
Lisa, Belle, Bobo, Chance, Derby, and Oliver