[pyrnet] Hotel/Motel rooms

We had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Residence Inns with our Patou on
a number of occasions. The fee is a non-refundable cleaning fee, which while
steep for
one night, over three or four it isn't that bad. This way I knew I was not taking
my dog
into a room that might have had a previous dog with fleas or worse.

On each occasion, the people were wonderful. They gave you a "dog in room" magnet

to put on the door which meant no one would enter to clean. They requested that
you
notify them when you would be leaving for awhile with your dog, and in your
absence
they would clean.

They also come with fully equipped kitchens, so if you had to, you could cook,
and it
sure beats having that first cup of coffee before going out to greet the day.

Unfortunately, during the past few years many of these places have elected to not

allow dogs. Or no dogs over 10 lbs (I used to slur over Pyrenees and hope they
heard "Pekingese" yeah one of those. This however does not work if you have to
go through the lobby to get to your room).