Re: [pyrnet] Wolf/Pyr meeting

Hi, Gerry. I don't really have any advice to offer re the wolf, but I'd be
quite concerned about *any* animal that's usually chained. I think that's
a prescription for trouble--what creature wouldn't/couldn't be turned
unpredictable if not mean by being confined that way all the time? But it
also seems that Travis didn't sense the wolf as a threat. He's a wonderful
mellow boy but he's still a pyr, so I'd think if he really sensed a threat
to his "pack" or his property, he *would* go ballistic.
We used to meet a wolf hybrid when we used to take Paddington and Shelley
to Noanet Woods, down in Dover. Many people warned us about this animal,
but Paddington would play with him and we never had any trouble. I think
both were delighted to have a playmate about their own size! But this
isn't the same as your situation. I'm no help there!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose