Re: [pyrnet] Large Breeds - Full Maturity

In a message dated 11/2/00 1:52:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Thea.Gunnells@espire.net writes:

What is full maturity in large breed dogs?  1-3 years?  I know there are
elements that play into each individual dog....but let's just talk average.

IMHO I believe that a breeder who knows their bloodlines could give you an
accurate account as to how their dogs grow.   Having "slower" maturing dogs
myself I can tell you that my male reached his height about 18 months of age
but his body / head is just now (age 6) coming into it's glory.   My bitch,
who will be 8 in Dec. reached her height around 14 months (shortly after her
first season) - she at age 7 finally bloomed!

Take care,
Dianne M. - Jersey Shore