Re: [pyrnet] alpha position

On 2 Nov 00, at 14:07, margaretGreiner wrote:

> There didn't seem to be any form of aggression today Noel can be a
> tyrant at times she is only half the size of Shadow I don't know what
> she's thinking .But at least they know I'm boss so that eases my nerves
> .Whats left of them lol.               Peggy

My old alpha girl wakes up with an attitude and I know there is
likely to be trouble.  The pack order here is fragile at times with 5
pyrs, two of them youngsters.  I have noticed that when the routine
changes, as when company stays for several days or I bring in a new
rescue, I am more likely to have trouble. At 8 my old girl Mishka is
still the boss, but I imagine I will have to separate dogs as she
gets older.  Several times my 4 year old male has tried to push his
position, so far to no avail.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico