Re: [pyrnet] choosing a show puppy

Bonnie, as pups are growing it is normal for them to be high in
the rear, sometimes higher in the front, also. If Sophie is still
growing, this would explain it. Some dogs do end up high in the
rear when full grown. Just make sure you push down the fur on her
rump though when checking her, as if the fur is lifted or extra
thick it will make her look high in the rear also. It seems to
me, from what you have described, that you have measured her in
the right place. Measurement is taken from the floor to the top
of the withers.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com