[pyrnet] A garden for my "friends!" (long!)

Been decided that the Pyr AGM followed by a Barbecue this year will be held
in the garden of one Janella Chaplin. Had them here before and been loads of
fun.  Looked at the garden today early this morning and finally came back
inside 10 hours later!!  Yes it was that bad, months of work done in one day
and just having got out the bath and dressed my wounds I like to think I
have cleaned up a peaceful haven for my friends to walk into!!!

I want them to walk (RUN) through the dog yard, craters, smell of wees with
a blindfold on and then walk through the gate into a garden of "loveliness!"

The lacerations on my body will pale into insignificance once I hear them
say " Look at those roses (the thorns are embedded in my arms), wasn't that
the old chip heater from the kitchen now all painted green and covered in
plants?, gosh, who else would have 8 toilets in a circle and call it "Dunny
Dell",  where could you possibly find an old wrought iron umbrella stand
with plants in it? (the local tip),  is that actually an old steam engine
painted green (yes it is and that's another story!),  I think that looks
like the tub of an old washing machine with an Azalea in it?  (it is), and
the "piece de resistance'??  "The Back Shed!".  This is where the bar will
be with light refreshments.  The scene of many happy garden outings and the
repository usually of the man about the house.  Bursting to the brim with
artifacts known only  to Noah and family.

Wildlife lives in there too, Mr Mouse, Mr Spider, Mr Weta but tomorrow they
will be meeting me and the cleaning gear!!  Provided they have only left
their "calling cards", mouse pooh, cobwebs and weta dehydrated shells then
that's fine but if they are there in "person" then I wont be. With the
warmer weather I think the former.  I shall be having a good tidy up of
tools and junk, clearing the floor space and arranging seating and tables
for the nibbles and drinks.  Am sure the weather will be fine but taking no
chances.  Must ensure that the deer antlers above the potting shed are
firmly screwed to the roof too before I tell my story of a night out in the
bush and "this huge stag!".

Another chance for the "Melbourne Five" to be together again in the back
shed for 2 days, (well, not the whole 2 days in the shed I hope?)

Anyway am sure the garden is going to look just wonderful, it has to after
the pain of my arms hitting the hot water tonight and woe betide the first
Pyr who escapes through there and lifts it's leg!

Now that's the middle garden done, what about the back garden?  The scene of
many happy Pyr events too.  Give me another year on that one!

Jan

Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
ariege@xtra.co.nz