[pyrnet] Beau, Antlers, & breeders

Marie - PetSmart has antlers for $5-$10 depending on size.  they also have Santa suits, snowman outfits, and the like!

As for the Breeder, and making their name public - public vilification leads only to lawsuits and hard feelings, and often starts a cycle of mutual attacks.  Remember, nobody has heard the breeder's side of that story.  My beauceron breeder is a great gal - but on one occasion, ended up with a cross that resulted in a genetic disease.  She never repeated that cross, and dealt honorably and professionally with the two folks who got puppies with the disease - and just before my beauceron came home to me, one of those puppy owners sent me a *horrible* note telling me to enjoy my puppy, because if I got it from so-and-so, it was certianly going to have something wrong with it and die!  I called my breeder immediately - she told me the entire story, pointed out the places on her web site where she had posted information about the disease, offered copies of her books so I could see she had never repeated the cross, &c &c - a great lady whom I still stand by. Not everyone tells the truth). Anyway, if the breeder is found to be in violation of Code of Ethics, I am sure their membership will be revoked or some other appropriate measure, in accordance with the rules - while that doesn't tell us who the person is, so that they may be made the subject of personal or other inappropriate attacks, it tells us who they *aren't* - if we want a pup, we ask who the CoE breeders *are*, right?

So I am sure the club will deal with the person the right way.  the bigger challenge - anyone have suggestions on how to maintain some sort of national registry, so that if a breeder applies to a *different* club, there is a way for the new club to know without having to make the information generally public?

Di

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com