Re: [pyrnet] Story on the Plight of the alaska Sled Dogs

Re: [pyrnet] Story on the Plight of the alaska Sled Dogs

Hi Barb--Thank you for giving us that story. My son Rafe is a teacher in
Bethel, Ak.. The only way to get there is by plane--no roads. I feel
badly for these people--these dogs are their only mode of
transportation. The natives there are Upiks. Rafe has helped put up
signs for the trail for the Kuskowim 300, which is a precursor for the
Iditerod. He also has helped out the handlers for this race and let me
tell you these dogs are so different in so many ways from our family
pets. He felt very privileged to be a part of this cultures' workings.
Just a little note to remind us all of how different we all are but yet
how much the same in our love for our animals.  Bonnie--Bear--Sophie

BE HAPPY!!!!!