[pyrnet] Pyrs and kids

I just wanted to share how happy we are with how our
Pyr and our 3 kids interact with each other. The kids
are 2,5 and 9 and our Pyr is now 14 months old. He is
just SUCH a great kid dog. He is always so calm and
patient with them. They crawl all over him and like to
play house with him where he is the "family dog."  He
provides a big floor pillow when they watch
television. He patiently allows himself to be led all
over the yard, tied to the playhouse, hooked to the
wagon, etc. He is never rambunctious or rowdy with
them. Honestly, he behaves pretty much like people say
a *Newfie* should act. I  just really couldn't ask for
a better dog for kids. The only problem is that when
other parents come over and see him with the kids,
they immediately ask where they can get a Pyr ;-) Lots
of my kids' friends' parents have gotten Goldens or
Labs as family dogs and struggle constantly to deal
with these dogs' activity level and desire to play
rather rambunctiously (is that a word?) with their
children.

Katie

=====
Katie Allison Granju~