Re: [pyrnet] Re: Christmas first aid...

I spoke with my own vet today regarding the advise given for the ingestion of
glass ornaments.  I explained that I wanted to include the items as part of
my own first aid kit and that I would always seek emergency care as quickly
as possible.  He said that he would rather see giving pieces of soft bread
and advised NOT giving cotton balls.  His thinking is that by introducing
another foreign, indigestible substance, one could be setting up a blockage
situation - which is more dangerous than the ingestion of a sharp object.
Apparently, canines are more able to "pass" things through their system than
you can imagine, but promoting a blockage by a foreign object provides and
even more harmful situation.  Just wanted to pass this information on...
Regards,
Lisa