Re: [pyrnet] how big?

    My experience has been that they will fill out after this age, but I
have not seen any increase in height. At 30 1/2 inches I would think you may
see a little more weight on him, but I wouldn't push for it until after 2
years of age. I've read several articles, and very much agree in slow growth
during the first 2 yrs. for these guys. My male is 31" and weighed in last at
134 lbs.,  which I think is ideal to look at him. You can feel his ribs
slightly, but not his back bone at all, and he still has a contoured stomach
area. You can see a picture of Jordy on          Pyr-fect Pyrs

In Paul Strang's book (The Complete Great Pyrenees) he states that a maximum
height 32" dog could weigh as much as 150lbs. and still be within standard.
This subject came up a while back, and several members said they preferred to
keep their dogs lighter, as in 100-110 lbs. I also read the aol pyr list, and
strangely they seem on the heavy extreme. I have read of owners posting that
their dogs weighed 176 lbs, 195 lbs, and today the ultimate in what I hope is
exaggeration "225 lbs." I don't see how any of these dogs wouldn't be
overweight.     Charlie

Today we weighed and measured Leo because he looked
like he had grown again. Sure enough, he has. He is
now 30 and 1/2 inches tall and weighs 115 lbs. He
looks like he weighs 50 lbs more than that. People
always guess that he weighs more than 150.   He is 14
months old. Should I assume he will continue to grow?

How big (and how old) are everyone else's Pyrs?

Katie

=====