Re: [pyrnet] how big?

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> He is 14
>months old. Should I assume he will continue to grow?
Yes, I'm afraid so!!
Paddington was about 28" and less than 100# at 14 months. Now at 7 1/2 yrs
he's 33" and about 115#--on the lean side, but we keep him that way to
ease strain on the knee.

We have a new vet--one who makes house calls and who is trained in
veterinary acupuncture. Paddington has had 4 treatments and we are amazed
at the increase in energy and use of the knee. (He had surgery for
patellar luxation at 7 months and has some arthritis in the joint). I
watched him stretch the other night, and he extended that knee fully as
far back as the other. He's playful--he and Ivy are wrestling and chasing
around the yard--partly the cooler weather, but he seems to be feeling
great. We're continuing with the glucosamine/chondroitin sulfates but
aren't having to give even buffered aspirin right now. The plan is for
about 6 initial treatments, then the occasional tune-up. A little more
costly initially than rimadyl, but the side effects are much more
appealing!!
Ann, Peg, Paddington (I have to stand for a *long* time, but Doc. Cheryl
says I'm the best patient she's ever had) and Ivy Rose (she brings me
treats, too, and I even take them from her)