Re: [pyrnet] Snow & cold weather

Thea, actually it was a Chihuahua/Pyr.  I keep hoping it was written
badly.  Like you say, a standard poodle might not be so bad size wise,
although I am not at all amused by the tendency today for " Creative
propagation" by some of these backyard /mills types, so it saddens me.

Last I heard it was 18 degrees at night.  We have been hauling wood up on
the deck to keep the fireplace going.
My Mother and friend both said that Michigan is getting hit hard already
with snow and really cold temps.

For the northerners, and I am one by birth, let me fill you in.  Texans
do not  ( or just have and attitude and
won't ) know how to slow down for either rain, or worse, ice and snow.
You would die laughing at some of the newscasts showing the fools slip
-sliding all over the place in multi-car pileups.  Hubby and I don't even
go out when, on those rare occasions, we get bad weather.  I love Texas,
but honestly, there is nothing that can be said for the way a Texan
drives ( even in good weather ). And rain, snow, or ice just multiplies
it by a million!  So pity us down here, if this comes in.

The dogs are already thrilled by the cold temps and high winds moving in,
they are running around like young horses, frolicking.  Every other
critter is heading for shelter.

Everyone be careful and stay warm.  At least we should be warming back up
by Thurs. once again, that is the good side to life down here! :-)  Cindy
Henke

clhenke@Juno
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka