[pyrnet] scaredy Pyr???

Greetings, good tidings and great cheer to all for the holidays!

Got a question for everyone.  My Pyr Bonnie has been afraid of new things and
barks incessantly at anything that is moved since I got her (about a year and
a half now & she's about 19 mo old).  She gets over her fear quickly, but it
is VERY noticeable and often amusing.

A simple example would be I put a new candle on the dresser in my bedroom the
other day and for 30 minutes she wouldn't go into the bedroom!  She'd get to
the door, smell the candle, stop and start barking.  Finally she came through
the doorway and braved going into the bedroom, but proceeded to glance
sidelong at the candle for another day before she was sure it was OK.

Another example would be a friend placed a can of roofing tar under my
kitchen table (to hide it from her!) one night and Bonnie had a fit!  She
wouldn't go into the kitchen for an hour or two and veered away from the
table every time she had to go to the door!

The cutest example I have of late is bringing in the xmas tree the other
night.  She had barked at it through the gate for a couple of days (smelling
something new on the other side of the gate!) and when I brought it in she
spent nearly an hour traversing the 8 feet from the edge of my living room to
the tree.  She got on her belly, woofed at it, inched up a bit, looked
around, woofed again, then inched a bit more.  It was hilarious to watch!
Not to mention her reaction when I put all my ornaments that move, light up,
or speak!  She's comfortable with it now and will go stand beside it to look
out the window, but she really takes her time getting used to new things.

She notices anything new or different. I was wondering if anyone else's Pyr
does the same thing, or is this an individual trait?

Tammy (along with Bonnie-Pyr, and Sadie-Rott mix)