Re: [pyrnet] scaredy Pyr???

In a message dated 12/16/2000 4:20:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fuzzywoo@home.com writes:

<< I have two pyrs and recently my 13 month old male started
 to be afraid of all sorts of odd thing that never used to bother him like
 laundry baskets, and hats. >>

Pico has gone through stages like this and he is still extremely aware of
changes in his world. If you find there are no problems with his eyesight,
maybe that if all it is. Just make sure you aren't encouraging his response
by comforting him and telling him what a good dog he is. I have found, with
Pico, that it works well to just walk up to the object and handle it,
inviting him come on over and give it a good sniff. I found the book 'The Art
Of Raising A Puppy' by the Monk of New Skete to have some pretty good
information on the stages a dog will go through.

Elaine and Pico