Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes

On 19 Dec 2000, at 0:08, darrell goolsbee wrote:
> BTW, Janice, since you had Sonny CERF'd, is there any indication if CERF
> would give a clearance on this condition (I would guess not), and how
> serious does the A&M opthalmologist consider it?

Sonny is not considered a pyr that should be in any breeding
program for more reasons than the eyes.  Already been told should
not be used for breeding with these eye conditions.  CERF report
has it listed as an inherited condition and there's no spot for it yet
so it's "other inherited" and described.  Which Grahn states
probably autosomal recessive trait so any breeding that's done
would have to do it to breed away from the trait.

And for anybody in the central Texas area both of the A&M
ophalmologists, Millichamp and Dziezye, have a clinic down at
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital, if you want to have
your pyrs or other breeds CERF'd.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices