Re: [pyrnet] LGD's

----- Original Message -----
From: <clhenke@juno.com>

When a Pyr. has to defend again a pack of dogs ( Rotties )
how does that work?>snip>  But a Rottie is also going to be a tough
customer.  Especially
running in a large pack.  This is not personal, thank goodness, but the
story did bring up the question in my mind.  Or will the Dog pack just be
presumed to defer rather than taking on the guardians?>>

Cindy,

I think that we have two things here.  At the beginning you say "Pyr"
(singular) and then later "guardians" (plural).  What happens in your
scenario is dependant to some degree on whether you are talking singular or
plural.  If it is singular the dog pack will just kill the guardian.  Just
as a pack of wolves will, although perhaps not quite so violently.  If you
are talking about plural it depends upon how many dogs and how many
guardians.  The LGDs have the built in advantage of territorial possession
but dog packs are nasty things that often don't adhere to the normal
patterns of canine (and lupine) social behavior and may behave erratically.
Dog packs are among the very worst opponents for LGDs as they are not
"normal".

Linda