Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes

In a message dated 12/21/00 11:15:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dgg@star-telegram.com writes:

But imagine for a moment if it
were. The effect on the breed would be far more devastating than
anything we have seen with dwarfism.

I do not want to deminsih the seriousness of PRA,  but I disagree strongly
with that statement.  You and I might be looking at the dog Vs the breed
somewhat differently.  Both are devistating to the breed and we should do
everything possible to stop the spread and erradicate both problems. This is
most probably impossible with Dwarfs as it has invade the whole gene pool.
Lets take what we have and work from there.  We may have a change with PRA if
we will put out good information and relentlessly pound the information
chanel with good information and advice now as opposed to later.  We should
be raising awareness and should have sprung into action the minute we saw it
officially confirmed in the breed.  I am not criticising, only imploring.
That's all I can do at this point in time is advocate agressively for what I
believe the best interests of the breed are.