Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes

In a message dated 12/21/00 11:15:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dgg@star-telegram.com writes:

True late-onset cataracts, like at
10 or so, may well not be inherited but a product of the aging of the
eye.

Don't misunderstand my terminology.  There are too many terms out there for
the same condition.  Late onset as I use it and is used elsewhere is the
later than 6 months, to differentiate it from congenital cataracts.  This is
the really serious problem that can many times be detected at 6 weeks old and
from what I have read leads mostly to complete blindness.  The after 6 year
group should be called geriatric cataracts.  I know the literature is not
consistent with this, so folks must read carefully.

Joe