[pyrnet] recessives

Patric,

While I have limited knowledge in the area of genetics, would it be presumptuous of
me
to assume that the opposite might indeed be true. Suppose we can identify a kennel,

line, or a related family of male dogs that have been certified free of a
particular recessive
genetic problem. (And of course are fine examples of our breed.)
Using the same premise, would not indeed the number of carriers
reduce in the overall population causing a decrease in the numbers having the
disease?

Or is there some biological anomaly that will prevent this from happening?

Carol Brescher Boyle
carol@naturaldogfood.com