Re: [pyrnet] Recessives and carriers

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

 I purchased a dog several years ago who had a sire I adored.  I
eliminated this dog form my breeding program once I was told there were at
least two littermates with dysplasia and my dog x-rayed OFA-Good.>>

As far as I know you were not the only one to do so.  Only one dog in that
litter was bred and he only once.  FYI, the dam of that litter produced a
subsequent litter with dysplasia "problems".  We just have to keep x-raying
and selecting.  It may not entirely end the problem but it will surely help
reduce it.

Linda