Re: [pyrnet] Recessives and carriers

In a message dated 12/22/00 5:08:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

As I
said earlier there are LGD breeders who do not have the dwarf risk in their
stock.  And, there are show/pet breeders whose animals have been shown not
to carry the dwarf gene down the generations.  And to the best of
everyone's knowledge, pure Soleil line dogs do not carry a dwarf risk.  You
(and many of us) may work with lines where there is, and has been, a risk.
Not everyone does.

Give me the name of a dog that will have an influence on the breed going
forward that does not have a Dwarf carrier behind it...  If we are pinning
our hopes on the working dog breeders, except for a very small few out of the
total breeding "working dogs" on farms,  we are screwed.  Most of these folks
have nothing but disdain for us and what we do.  They think we are only
holding beauty contests here.

Are there any pure Soliel dogs left without the horrible orthopedic problems
they encountered?  Dogs that were never infected with the Dwarf studs seed
that we all jumped on the band wagon about 20 plus years ago? If there are,
tell us where they are.  The breed may need them sooner than later.

<< there are show/pet breeders whose animals have been shown not
to carry the dwarf gene down the generations.>>

Who are they and what is the background of their dogs (names) that escaped
this genepool?

Joe